Engagements in relation to energy markets include the following:
- Executive Director, Utilise Limited, manager and supplier of of new energy assets
- Director, Top Energy Limited, an electricity distribution business
- Director, Ngawha Generation Limited, a geothermal generation business
- Director, Electricity Invercargill Limited
- Director, Southern Generation General Partnership Limited
- Executive Director, Jimmi Interests Limited
- General Partner, Karo Interests Limited Partnership.
- Director, The Lines Company Limited, an electricity distribution business
- Director. Financial Corporation Limited, New Zealand's third largest metering business
- Director, TrustPower Limited, an electricity generation and utility retail business
- Director, Embrium Holdings Limited, a technology business focused on energy monitoring and management
- Founding Managing Director, Empower Limited, an electricity retail business.
- Founding Managing Director and General Manager, Opunake Hydro Limited, a full market generation and retail Participant in the New Zealand electricity market
- Director, Windflow Technology Limited, a wind turbine manufacturer and wind farm developer.
The Karo Group engagements in carbon markets include the following:
- arranging the world's first international trade of AAU (PFSI) forestry units to Sumitomo Bank, Japan
- leading a team of specialists to develop a compliance strategy on behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) for the forestry component of the Emissions Trading Scheme
- undertaking a study on insurance issues in carbon forestry for MAF
- undertaking carbon inventories for a leading retail bank and insurance company to ISO14064-1 standard
- undertaking a study with Ecosystem Marketplace of global voluntary carbon markets for MAF
- establishing benchmarks for energy consumption in New Zealand office buildings
- conducting carbon marketing strategies for Iwi forest owners.
Engagements that The Karo Group or its Principal have undertaken in relation to market design and development or the establishment of commercial positions include the following products and markets:
- the production and sale of New Zealand fruit to supermarkets in the United Kingdom
- economic development through fruit and vegetable markets in Pakistan
- the development and sale of dairy foods in Central Asia
- the development of a web-based self-service software business in New Zealand
- the development of market information systems for livestock products from Vietnam
- startup retail in New Zealand's reforming electricity market
- establishment of investment positions for a NYSE-listed company in the New Zealand and Australia electricity market
- development of a full-suite advisory and trading house in carbon forestry in New Zealand (as above)
- startup generation and then retail in New Zealand's reforming electricity market
- development of a solar distributed generation full suite supplier for New Zealand businesses.